Thursday, September 24, 2009

Article: Couples Improve With Age

Posted by Valerie Russell

Here's a link to an article I found:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2008-09-03-marriage-later-years_N.htm

This article talks about the changes in marriage that happen when you get older. Although it was depressing for me to think about the stresses of middle age with teenagers in the house and being frustrated that my husband isn’t doing more to help, it did give some hope that the picture brightens as the kids grow up. I would hope that my marriage doesn’t suck the whole time we’re raising kids, but through the hard times I will kind of see a light at the end of the tunnel. I hope that I can stay close to my husband during the busy middle years though, so that when we have all the kids out of the house and we retire then we’ll still be close to one another.


No comments:

Post a Comment